These are so good that you would never guess that they are only 2 points. I love the bitter chocolate mixed with the sweet cookie. They are a real treat if you can stop at one. That is sometimes the trouble that I have when something is low points–I overdo and then it is no longer low points!!!!
Points Plus—2 per cookie
|3 large egg white(s)|
|2/3 cup(s) sugar|
|1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract|
|2 1/2 cup(s) dried shredded and sweetened coconut meat, unsweetened|
|3 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small bits|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line one or two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites with sugar. Add vanilla and coconut; stir to combine.
- Scoop up a level tablespoon of batter and form into a ball with your hands; repeat with remaining batter. Place each ball about 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until tops just start to turn light tan, about 15 to 18 minutes. Remove cookies to a cooling rack for about 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate in a double boiler or heavy pot; melt over low heat, stirring occasionally (do not allow to burn). Keep chocolate warm and pliable as you dip tops of cookies into chocolate. Place dipped cookies on a metal tray evenly spread apart so they’re not touching; freeze until chocolate sets, about 20 to 30 minutes. Yields 1 cookie per serving.