This is a family favorite and one that we have been making for years. With the holidays coming, this is the perfect treat to whip up quick or a great gift to give. This is the gooey addicting kind of caramel corn. When I think of this, it takes me back to when my kids were small and it was a big treat to have this with some homemade slush and have movie night. That wes before we worried about pumping our kids fulll of sugar!!!!! Love this stuff.
6 QUARTS POPPED CORN
3/4 CUPS SUGAR
3/4 CUPS BROWN SUGAR
1 CUBE BUTTER
1/2 CUP KARO SYRUP
1/4 CUP WATER
PUT ALL INGREDIENTS EXCEPT POPCORN IN A HEAVY SAUCE PAN. COOK UNTIL SOFT BALL STAGE ( IF MIXTURE IS DROPPED INTO COLD WATER IT WILL FORM A SOFT BALL) THIS DOES NOT TAKE VERY LONG. REMOVE FROM HEAT AND ADD 1/4 TSP SODA AND 1 TSP VANILLA. POUR OVER THE POPPED CORN.
This is another great popcorn recipe, gooey with the wonderful taste of peanut butter.I found this on Favorite Family Recipes I think I could eat tree bark with peanut butter on it. This would definitely get the thumbs down sign from Dave and could not be made in his presence. I can feel this recipe coming out when he is gone to convention in a few weeks–oh wait a minute, I have 10 pounds to lose before the wedding. But then again, isn’t that what photo shop is for.
recipe and picture courtesy of Favorite Family Recipes
- 2 bags popped microwave popcorn (I use light butter or plain) can substitue regular popcorn.
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 1 c. peanut butter
- Pop the microwave popcorn.
- Remove any unpopped kernels and place in large bowl.
- In medium saucepan combine brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to boil over medium high heat stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter.
- Pour over popcorn and stir until well coated