These are so good and I think that you can actually say that theya are good for you. These are a great snack as you hurry out the door or if you are walking past the fridge at 2am to take the dogs out. I like to keep mine in the freezer so they are a little firmer. I use whatever cereal I have in the pantry and they are a good use of all those cereal boxes with just a little left in the bottom of the box.
- 2 cups honey
- 6 cups peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 3 cups rice krispies
- 1½ cups grape nuts
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 cups coconut
- 3 cups crushed cereal (I use whatever I have on hand)
- 1½ cups mini chocolate chips
- 5-8 tablespoons powdered milk
- 4 cups crushed mini-wheat cereal
- I have also added chopped dates and craisins.
- Mix all but last two ingredients and mix until well combined. Add powdered milk, like flour, to make a soft, cookie-like dough.
- Form into 1” ball and roll in crushed mini-wheats. A scoop works very well for this. Refrigerate or freeze