Have you ever seen the movie “What About Bob”? It is one our family’s favorite and a go to when we need a laugh. We have several movies that are frequently quoted from. Especially by Dave and Jace. I hate to say from what movies, those quotes most commonly originate from as it would say a little something about our taste in entertainment. The top ranking movies would be “Nacho Libre”, “What About Bob”, “Dumb and Dumber”, “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels”, “The Man Who Knew Too Little”–you get the picture. Well there is a scene in What About Bob that is a classic. It is the scene where Bob Wiley is eating dinner with the “fam”. Again let me say “a classic.!!!!!!!
You may ask yourself what that has to do with Loaded Mashed Potatoes. Well I made them several weeks ago and let me just say you could have just replaced Dave for Bob Wiley in this video. I am not joking. He loved them. These are so good and one of those comfort foods that just make life worth living. We served them with just a salad and they were a great meal, but would be great (in smaller servings) for any meal.
The nice thing about these are that you an make them ahead of time and just pop them in the oven. I made these over the Christmas break when everyone was home and had them in the fridge for just the right moment. But I must say there is not a wrong moment for these. You will love these.
” the movie
- 6 c. prepared mashed potatoes (I prepare with butter and milk)
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix, unprepared (I use Hidden Valley brand)
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, sour cream, ranch dressing mix, 1 c. cheese, bacon and onions.
- Spread into large casserole dish. Bake for 25 minutes or until heated. Remove from oven and sprinkle top with remaining 1 c. cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese on top is melted.
- Garnish if desired with extra bacon and green onions.
- Serves 6-8
Recipe and Picture from FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES Love this site and their cookbook. I did not even get a chance to take a picture before mine were devoured.